This one day intensive workshop is a taster course to explore and experiment with a unique method of Transformational Reconstruction by Shingo Sato . This method of pattern cutting gives a creative 3D design result in opposition to the more conventional 2D drafting.
For those with previous sewing and pattern cutting experience, It is an opportunity to advance your pattern cutting skills by learning how to develop 3D patterns for contemporary garments from 2D flat patterns.
Through a series of hands on demonstrations and practice, you will create and take home your own creative patterns and toiles.
This workshop is more Pattern Cutting than sewing .
To take this course, you are expected to have at least Basic pattern cutting knowledge and good sewing skills.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Pattern master ruler.
- Masking Tape.
- Sharp pointed tip fabric scissors.
- Paper scissors.
- DIY craft knife.
- Tape measure.
- Fine pointed dressmaker pins.
- Camera ( Good camera phone is fine).
- Minimum of 3 colours ball pen.
- 2 metres of medium weight cotton fabric ( plain or patterned).
- 2 metres of soft drape fabric (plain or patterned).