This is an introductory level to garment construction . Starting from getting to know all about sewing machine and its functionality to building a sewing sample portfolio. This is a no pattern cutting course but mainly sewing and construction techniques. Working with range of sewing patterns , you will experiment different sewing techniques while creating wearable garments with perfect finishing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ON THE COURSE:
* Parts and Functionality of a sewing machine.
* Threading a sewing machine.
* Perfecting the act of stitching.
* Perfecting the act of standard hand stitching.
* Standard button hole.
* Zip installation.
* Taking body measurements.
* How to read a commercial sewing pattern.
* Pattern and fabric layout prep and cut.
*Sew an unlined straight skirt with vent .
*Sew a lined sleeveless dress.
*Sew a basic shirt with button and cuffs.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS.
- Metric tape measure.
- Fine dressmaker pins and pin cushion.
- Fine Hand sewing needle.
- Fabric scissors.
- Thread cutter / sniper.
- Stitch ripper.
- Tailors chalk.
- A4 file folder and sleeves.
- Note pad and pen.
Beginners, No previous experience is required. However, You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn in other to benefit from the course.