ADVANCE PATTERN CUTTING (10 Weeks- Saturdays).
This advand level Course will help you build on your existing pattern cutting skills and develop further a deeper understanding of the methods and principles of drafting more advanced and creative patterns. You will learn how to read and translate information from design illustration, photographs, sketches and other images into professional pattern. During this course duration , you will also have the opportunity to create pattern for your own choice of advanced level design within the course scope under the instructions and guidance of the tutor. You will sew a prototype of your design and make required adjustments to the pattern .
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ON THE COURSE:
- Jacket drafting.
- Lining drafting ( Jacket,Dress and Skirt ).
- Exploring more creative and advance patterns ( Dress, Sleeves,Trouser and Skirts ).
- Off shoulder.
- Raglan and Kimono sleeve.
- Creative Pocket Variations.
- Pattern from own design. ( Individual project ).
- Prototype and pattern adjustments to own design.
Advanced level. A good basic knowledge of patternmaking is required to enrol for this course and benefit from it. Ideally, you should have completed our intensive women’s wear pattern cutting course or have an equivalent skills.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLASS:
To fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Pattern master ruler.
- Stiletto awl-Metric tape measure.
- 3/4 H pencils, eraser and sharpener.
- Magic scotch tape.
- Glue stick.
- Fine pointed tracing wheel.
- Fine dressmaker pins.
- Felt tip pen (or marker).
- Fabric scissors, paper scissor, small sharp pointed scissors & stitch ripper.
- Tailors chalk.
- A2 file folder and sleeves.